Need a hydraulic hose? We will make it while you wait. If we don't have the required fitting, we offer 1-2 day service.
Note: You must bring your old hose for us to match up.
We do not repair old hoses.
Do you change your own oil and don't know what to do with the old waste oil?
We accept "clean" auto and small engine waste oil at no charge.
- We want to be a good environmental neighbor, and ask that you do the same.
- Containers are subject to verification, so please don't try to sneak us contaminated oil.
- If you use a container that you want back; say so, and we'll notify you when it's empty.
- Contact us if you have large containers (i.e. 55-gal drums) that you cannot easily transport.
What defines "clean" waste oil?
- YES to petroleum-based or synthetic oil.
- YES if gasoline or diesel fuel is mixed in.
- OKAY if small amount of water is mixed in.
- NO to antifreeze, rags, paint, or similar non-oil items mixed in. (Yes, it has happened)
- NO to paint buckets or other non-oil containers, unless the container was cleaned out thoroughly before filling with waste oil.
See Specials page for Pre-Season Sale items.
Company history - formerly Harringtons Service Center, Taneytown, MD
In 1962, Richard Harrington began repairing equipment at his father's business, Earl's Lawn Mower Service, in Gaithersburg, MD. Richard had the gift of mechanical ability, and taught himself to repair equipment. In 1978, Mr. Harrington moved the family to Emmitsburg, Md, and opened Harrington & Sons.
Richard eventually left the family business to learn the carpentry trade. After five years in the home construction business, Richard moved to Germantown, MD. There, he opened a business under his father's wing as Harrington & Son's II; where he met Christine.
In 1993, Richard struck out on his own, and opened Harrington's Service Center, Inc; in Germantown, MD. In 1996, Christine joined the company and began learning the outdoor equipment trade. By 2001, Richard & Christine had tired of city life, so they purchased a home, and moved with their son, Seth, to Fairfield, PA.
Harrington's Service Center was relocated to a rental property in Taneytown, MD (Harney, MD).
In 2010, Richard & Christine found a commercial property for sale near their home. The property offered a house and the right commercial zoning. This was a great opportunity to be near home, near work, and to keep their son in the Fairfield School system. In 2010, they purchased a rare piece of property with the right zoning on the corner of Orchard Rd & Waynesboro Pike, in Fairfield, PA.
In 2012, Richard & Christine were able to move their business out of their rented location in Taneytown, MD and move. Harrington's Service Center was relocated to Fairfield, PA, and became Harrington's Equipment Company.
Our mission is to provide the best products and services at reasonable prices. We offer priority service on the equipment we sell, plus repair all makes and models of other equipment.
Our goal? To provide customer satisfaction one customer at a time.
Note: While there is a similar name, Harrington's Equipment Company is NOT affiliated with Harrington & Sons in Emmitsburg, MD. We cannot do warranty repairs on equipment sold by them, nor can we be held responsible for any repair work or services they perform. Same family, different company. Thank you for understanding.